[CAUT] electronic tuning device preference?

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 16 15:52:01 MST 2008

I think if you ask most ETD using tuners why they use the machine instead of just aurally, one of the answers will be
they suddenly found their solid tunings were in fact drifting slightly...i.e. going back over notes previous tuned, even within the same unison you were tuning...;-]
Aurally, we rely on one string as being set and tuning the other strings to it and venturing out...but if it changes?   If you aurally tune with a temp strip and come back to do the unisons you are kidding yourself...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044