[CAUT] well tempered

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Fri Mar 21 21:50:25 MST 2008

Thanks Jon,
yes this the one, do you start at A49 and go up with these?
Just so I'm clear and forgive my tentativeness, if my SAT says A4 9.4 normal
stretch (which is stored on the 4th partial A6) then deviating from equal
temperament 0.0 leaves 9.4. And if the A# reads 10.5 and I add 3.91 to make
14.41, etc.
Dumb question - If I were to continue to the next octaves would I use the
same deviations or double them each octave up and halve them going down?
Real question how to maintain stretch and temperament? Of course I can go
into the tune mode and use the machine to create stretch on the fly or could
aurally tune them from the "original" temperament octave.???
Chris