[CAUT] Steinway pedal back-plate screws

Ken Zahringer ZahringerK at missouri.edu
Wed Mar 26 14:18:42 MST 2008

Hey, Robert,

I just went through that.  The old screws are a 12x32 machine screw, or
maybe it was 12x28.  Either way, they are simply not made any more.  I
bought a 3 drill bit and a 1/4x28 tap and replaced the originals with a fine
thread 1/4x28 hex bolt (cap screw).  Got everything at Ace Hardware.

Regards,
Ken Z.

--
Ken Zahringer, RPT