[CAUT] wound string spacing

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Sat Mar 22 03:17:01 MST 2008

Hi Jørgen

I'm not sure they are all that standard.  Bichords in the bass vary on
Hamburgs for example, allowing for some compensation for differences in
string diameters.  I dont know who else does this. The usual way of
dealing with variances from a regulators perspective is to simply
squezze / clip / or otherwise manipulate the felt so that all damper
heads end up at the same height.

Why the need for customizing if I may ask ?  Is there a real market for
this ?

Cheers
RicB