[CAUT] Steinway school info (Steinway tech...)

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Tue May 6 16:57:49 MDT 2008

Given the myth surrounding the whole company... problems associated with
the concept of "certified piano tech" (which the PTG itself struggles
with quite a bit) it doesn't surprise me a bit that Steinway doesn't
want anyone calling themselves Steinway Certified but at the same time
want to see techs they have some direct knowledge of, and can feel at
least reasonably assured will do competent work at all Steinway schools.

I dont see there is much to point ones finger at here.... outside of the
general situation regarding such certifications in the US of A in general.

Cheers
RicB