[CAUT] SD-6 music rack/ student guilt

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri May 16 08:04:17 MDT 2008

I don't think I would rip all the veneer off. Instead, I would "square
off" the damaged area, fill the gouged part out with wood filler, glue on
a new piece of veneer and black laquer it up.

Paul

ps.  I never get told of damage to pianos except after I get home and the
concert piano has some sort of owey!

By each practice room, I've posted a sheet of paper that the students
actually fill out when a string has broken or whatever.  That way, nobody
has to admit their guilt and I get them repaired more quickly :>)  Anyone
else do this?

Christopher Purdy <purdy at ohio.edu>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
05/16/2008 08:24 AM
Please respond to
College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>

College and University Technicians <caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] SD-6 music rack

Rip off the rest of the veneer, sand it a little and paint it black.
 (just like the rolling stones song)  Maybe a little filler on that corner
if you want it to look better?

As an aside, I actually had a student come to me and report a problem with
a practice room piano!  I was stunned.  Usually they let it sit there for
weeks and then grumble to faculty that it hasn't been fixed.

Chris