[CAUT] Tech needing help

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 16 18:20:07 MDT 2008

By a strange circumstance I, in Houston, needed to get a piano for a
relative in West Virginia.    Jerry Crawford, and RPT in Charleston returned
my call, and now my relative has a very nice piano in her home.  During
conversation with him I learned he was a cancer survivor, who spent
something like sixteen days in the hospital this year, they thinking cancer
had returned, but it turned out to be "only" gallbladder problems.  The only
catch to this is that he has no medical insurance, and so is now $75,000 in
debt.

Knowing the PTG to be a collegial organization, I thought to put this out so
that if any would like to help with his monumental expenses, they might. He
is back to work only part time at this point, so certainly isn't earning a
living which could pay back that kind of money.  The piano was delivered
today, and by all reports was "lovely, very playable", and "Mr. Crawford is
a heck of a nice guy!"

That being said, here's his info.

Jerry Crawford
1412 Greenbriar Street
Charleston, WV 25311

Phone: 304-344-4807

I don't know if he even has a computer, since the home office indicated he
has no email address.

Any help in defraying his expenses would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Les bartlett
Houston