[CAUT] thanks for the older S&S D dip info

Richard Adkins RADKINS at coe.edu
Fri May 23 12:38:11 MDT 2008

Hi,

 Sorry, my post was supposed to be a reply on the Wurzen conical punchings, but like a lot of people
I forgot to change the subject heading.....but I guess this morphed into key dip.

 I'm glad you wrote back, as I've not known before of S&S dip of .375 before.

 Anyhow, thanks for all your responses. When I took the S&S factory class (a few years ago)...they
said  dip was .420 &  .400, but that was for production pianos at that time. (late 90s)...
I just need to relevel everything, check all the "forfinishing" parameters and then set dip by
jack escapment + 16" or 1 mm....then I'll know exactly what the dip "is" for this piano in it's
present state. I'll have the stack off for key rebushing, so that means, it is time to sharpen up
the action regulation, as well, while it is off. This action has the Renner turbo whippens and
current spec S&S shanks and flanges (17mm knuckles).

 I would like the hammershanks to be closer to the rest cushions, though.

According to Mohr, "vary the stack height before fudging anything else based on your string height average." I won't move anything until I get some measurements, though.

With all your help, and all these figures/procedures I'm bound to find the solution!

 "If it's worth doing, it's worth doing at all"....as my brother says....

Thanks again,

 Richard Adkins
 Coe College