[CAUT] piano covers

Michael Magness IFixPianos at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 9 08:45:29 MDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM, joel a. jones <jajones2 at wisc.edu> wrote:

> Henry,
>
> I  have used covers of every thickness from Paul Jansen.      Web page
> http://www.pljansen.com/
> They will also make custom sizes and with a variety of materials.
> Mentioning thick covers I
> recently ordered a cover from Paul made of vinyl.   The thick cover on the
> piano was too heavy
> for students and faculty to comfortably lift and place on the piano, so we
> ordered the lighter vinyl
>  material.   Time will tell if the cover is replaced on the piano more
> often than before, but that
> problem has been eliminated.
>
> I have noticed that the cover has been on when I have checked, not the
> usual situation
> in prior years.
>
> Additionally we asked for the cover to be long enough on the sides to drape
> to the floor.  Not enough
> time has passed, but I think this has helped the humidity system control
> the pitch and tuning.
> Again, time will tell.
>
> This is what I recommend.  Hope this gives you some ideas you can apply to
> your situation.
>
> Joel
> Joel Jones, RPT
> Madison, WI
>

> On Oct 7, 2008, at 6:02 PM, Dr. Henry Nicolaides wrote:
>
> Hi List,
>>
>> Question about thick covers/availability for a Steinway D.  Any favorite
>> choices that you recommend.
>>

>> Thanks
>>

>> Henry Nicolaides
>> drsnic4 at hotmail.com
>>

>> See how Windows Mobile brings your life together—at home, work, or on the
>> go. See Now

Hi Joel,

I believe you will be very happy with the results of the floor length cover,
I have installed 3 of them from Jansen, all of the standard black macintosh,
on church pianos and had excellent results with the stability of those
pianos, all with full Dampp-Chaser installations of course.

I will also add to the chorus of recommendations for the Paul Jansen
company's covers. I have also seen their vinyl and quilted covers and talked
with them personally when I had a question or special need and always found
them extremely accommodating.

Mike

--
If you can actually count your money, then you are not really a rich man.
J. Paul Getty

Michael Magness
Magness Piano Service
608-786-4404