[CAUT] uprights

Shawn Brock shawnbrock at fuse.net
Tue Sep 2 15:35:32 MDT 2008

uprightsDavid,

this is just my opinion but I would stay away from the K52.  I have a few customers  that have new K52s and my experience has not been  vary pleasant  with the pianos.  Like a lot of S&S uprights of the past, these most definitely have rendering issues and can be somewhat difficult to tune.  I have also found some of these pianos to be vary faulty, not just in the treble but in the tenor as well.  They have perhaps the most booming bass of any upright piano that I have dealt with though...  One of my customers can not find happiness with her K52, the lower 2 tenor dampers seem to bleed regardless of the regulation.  I will be replacing the felts in the next week or so.  The Boston seems to be a good product, you get a lot for the money.  They seem to be vary playable and are easy to tune and service.  You absolutely won't get the bass response of a K52 though.  All and all, I would recommend a Boston over a K52 any day.
Shawn Brock, RPT
www.shawnbrock.com