[CAUT] uprights

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 18:57:39 MDT 2008

You can buy 2 (maybe 3) Yamaha U5s for the price of one K52.  Better and
cleaner sounding, easier to tune and service, easier to turn over should you
decide to go that route.  It's a no brainer for me.  I find the 1098's wirey
sounding full of falseness, difficult and unrewarding to tune.  Bostons I
find also hard to tune (too enamored of tight tuning pins), cold and dry
sounding.

David Love
davidlovepianos at comcast.net
www.davidlovepianos.com

List,

My school is interested in a large purchase of pianos...10 or more.   They
are talking with Steinway.   The Boston would be included in the upright
part of the purchase or the K52.   Opinions on the bigger Boston uprights
and the K52.   Obviously, you can probably get 2 Bostons for the K52, but is
the K52 a decent piano these days?

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA 94044

Doug Wood