[CAUT] New Professor (tangentially OT)

Jeff Tanner tannertuner at bellsouth.net
Sat Sep 6 13:59:27 MDT 2008

I love these artist publicity photos.  It's amazing what photographers can do!  You can see the publicity posters, and then you meet the artist in real life and either don't recognize them at all, or struggle to imagine them somehow resembling their portraits.  You're thinking, "so the picture was of your much younger sister?"

I just had a comical brain wave.  We should have professional photography of piano technicians for our online bios.  Can you imagine some of the imaginatively creative pictures of us geeks with tuning forks and tuning hammers?

(I'm thinking of a pose with a sexy look at the camera, with soft pursed lips kissing a shiny tuning fork, with the prongs slightly too far up the nostrils -- you get the idea)

Have a great weekend guys!
Tanner

Tangentially - I made it up.  Have no idea if it's a word or not.