[CAUT] Reasonable job descriptions

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Sep 8 16:28:20 MDT 2008

>If universities require so much experience
>with concert level tech ability, then they should cough up the bucks and
>pay for it.  Their reputation is on the line. There's got to be a way to
>open these folks eyes to see what they have to lose, but I don't know what
>it is.....

Why should they, their offers are being met by yourselves. JeffTanner
seems to be the only guy standing up to upgrade this very field.  Kudos.

If you don't have the tenacity to make it on your own in the private sector,
accept what your are metered out.

Personally I think it is disgraceful what is paid for piano technicians at a
caut setting where comparable administrative positions (bureaucrats)
receive a pay grade in multiple factors.

We just have not yet come into our own, just yet.

As long as 'become a piano tuner' is promoted on the back of a pack of matches,
what kind of credibility can there be.  Alright maybe exaggerated a
bit, I haven't
actually seen the advert.  But you get my intention.   But that's the attitude
of the administration, Dime a Dozen.

Put in for more money. Get reclassified if it is a state pay grade. Why should
piano techs. Are p-techs on the same grade as custodians (janitors)?

Even Dr. Phil says, "(In ways) You tell people how to treat you."

Gotta go, have more to say...
--

Regards,

Jon Page