[CAUT] Wurlitzer Iron Pinblock - Anyone ever restring one of these things?

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Sun Sep 14 11:15:51 MDT 2008

On Sep 14, 2008, at 8:31 AM, Ron Nossaman wrote:

> APSCO, I think it was, used to sell a Wegman "fix" for a
> conventional loose tuning pin. You pulled the pin, drilled out a BIG
> hole, and drove this "fix" in. I had always meant to buy a couple of
> these things to keep as a curiosity, but somehow never did.

Now that you mention it, I remember seeing one of those inserts,
nearly 30 years ago. According to my memory, you used a standard
tuning pin in it, with a portion of the bottom cut off, and it wedged
into a slot that was asymmetrical. The Wegman patent describes the
tuning pin having a couple "roughened surfaces" to ensure that there
is enough friction. Same slot.

Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico