[CAUT] building fences

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Tue Sep 16 12:07:08 MDT 2008

Alan McCoy wrote:
> Hey Ron,
>
> You check out any of the competition? What was it about that fence that you
> like (for the price) over all the others out there?
>
> Alan

I checked out what I could find on line, and read reviews on
various woodworkers' forums from folks who'd bought various
fences. This seemed like an adequate step up in quality and
function at a reasonable price. I couldn't see putting a $500,
or even a $300 fence on a model 113.298032 mid 1970's vintage
Crapsman table saw with a cast iron table that isn't even
particularly flat. I did, however, need to get rid of the
junky OEM fence that I'd been cursing all along. Should I ever
reach critical mass on the saw and decide to replace it, I can
then decide if I need a sexier fence to put on it. So far,
this one seems quite adequate, and a couple of light years
beyond the original fence.

Ron N