[CAUT] Which side to yank the butterfly spring?

Chris Solliday csolliday at rcn.com
Sat Sep 20 13:35:26 MDT 2008

Hi Ed,
I remember learning this at both Steinway and Yamaha. Then one day Wally Brooks told me, when I was complaining (again) that sometimes I couldn't get enough tension on old springs that way, that left side was correct until it doesn't work then if you try the right side you you might just get that extra needed. And that works sometimes too. I think it is probably more important to have correct pinning of the balancier and fly flanges and no kink in the spring except the ones in the fly hole and the curl in the grub.
Chris Solliday