[CAUT] Bass end "rattle" on S&S "D" Being prepped for BrickmanConcert Tomorrow!

Dan Reed pianoarts at tx.rr.com
Thu Sep 25 19:08:15 MDT 2008

Is there enough deflection from the tuning pin to the agreffe? I bring
this rare defect up, because I ran across it on the first 1/2 dozen
bass wires on a rebuilt M&H .

The wire ran basically straight thru the agreffe. The result was a
rattling that was very difficult to pin point. The fix was
easy...adding some additional felt under the wire, between the pin and
aggreffe. Problem solved.

Dan

Dallas, TX