[CAUT] Cleaning old mold

johnparham at piano88.com johnparham at piano88.com
Sun Aug 30 22:55:04 MDT 2009

I have run into this situation as well.

Bleach, to my understanding, is the only way that I know of to kill
mold.  If you use a product that has bleach in it, won't it affect the
finish of the piano?

Isn't there another way to kill mold on piano parts without challenging
conventional wisdom about bleach and piano finishes?

-John Parham
Hickory, NC