[CAUT] forearm smash/Steve Brady

Shelley srbanders at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 4 15:26:32 PST 2009

Hi Paul,

I¹ve been doing a version of it for years.  Especially after tuning a piano
down from very sharp.  I figure that the hard blows (and I also hold the
sustain down for a bit, even scarier!) will help to even out the tension on
all of the wire.  You are definitely doing many things right!  It did work!
And so did your tuning!  Better that those unisons showed up then than
later.
It feels so good to do good work.
Cheers,
Shelley Byrd Anderson