[CAUT] professor tuning variables

Scott Jackson scottwaynejackson at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 9 16:46:21 PDT 2009

Ah, thank you for that clarification Dennis.
I wasn't sure if you were referring to tuning in equal or wohl-temperament; now it makes sense to me. Yes, i believe that proportional or equal beating intervals are very useful for smoothing out and making a temperament sound more consonant. I think that aural tuners are responding to such consonance even when tuning their own quasi-equal temperament.

Scott Jackson