[CAUT] Piano truck acoustics

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Fri Mar 20 15:14:45 PDT 2009

Ric,
Besides grounding the stage truck so that the big "springing" arms
don't absorb a significant per-centage of the pianist's and piano's
energy there is the "Under-Lid" to consider.  Seems that I heard about
that on this list.  Someone built a rolling box with one side low, and
the other side up to the bottom of the piano.  The box was rolled
under the piano from the lid hinge side and reflects the pianos energy
out to the audience as well.

Perhaps someone here is the one who mentioned this and can send us
some pictures...?

Andrew Anderson