[CAUT] Mileage Tracking

Norman Cantrell normancantrell at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 27 07:12:45 PDT 2009

David asked how techs keep up with mileage.  Attached is an excel spreadsheet that I have been using for the last few years.  I was lazy when I developed it so all the months have 31 days available.  I just use the ones I need.  I just enter the beginning mileage and the ending mileage.  The formulas do the arithmetic and then multiply the total miles traveled by the current mileage rate.  I simply change the rate factor when the IRS updates theirs.

Usually I keep this template as a base reference and when I begin to enter data I save the file under a new name for that particular year.  I don't use a PDA so you are on your own to make it work in that format but the spreadsheet itself is fairly easy to use.

Regards

Norman Cantrell, Registered Piano Technician