[CAUT] question

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Mon Mar 30 08:45:55 PDT 2009

Ray:

I've heard good things about them but have not heard one myself.  I did improve that area of one of our Ds by putting on a couple of Darrell Fandrich's "riblets".  I installed 2 between two regular ribs in that problem area.  It's a tough area to work on - particularly lying on your back under the piano and probably would be easier with the piano on its side.  The downside of that would be hearing the difference the riblet made without putting the piano back on its legs.  In this case people who had no idea that I had done anything, noticed the change and commented (positive comments!).

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu