[CAUT] wax on Steinway D

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Mon Mar 30 14:57:44 PDT 2009

Hi Chris et.al.

Thanks for the reply.  Since the piano is sooooo icky.  I would have to
rub out the whole thing....which, although a huge task, would look nice
again.

What about the giant alligator lines, though?   They're huge!! Is it just
a total refinishing thing? Can't be just "rubbed out"..... No budget for a
$1,000-1,500 per foot refinishing fee....(I've even heard of much more
than that, but this is daily used classroom piano with weekend
recitals,...so....not interested in going there!  Just getting the
monitors to re-cover the piano at the end of the day desolves that
dream...
Paul

"Chris Solliday" <csolliday at rcn.com>
Sent by: caut-bounces at ptg.org
03/30/2009 04:19 PM
Please respond to
caut at ptg.org

<caut at ptg.org>
cc

Subject
Re: [CAUT] wax on Steinway D

after you get the wax off there may still be a stain that might (I'm
hedging) be removed with naptha and 0000 steel wool in the direction of
the grain of course.
Chris Solliday rpt