[CAUT] Wrest pins

G Cousins cousins_gerry at msn.com
Thu Oct 8 17:41:55 MDT 2009

Don,
I have had success though not really analyzed (properly) with using rosin on the smooth pins prior to putting them in the block.
I learned this from a builder who always told me to use rosin when stringing a pin (one without a becket hole) as well as allowing some of the rosin into the pin plank.  I guess thie is the same logic as violins even though stringed instruments are wood on wood. .
I've only used this technique on the kit "harpo's" I've encountered (maybe 3 or 4) since I didn't want to risk testing on a better quality instrument.
Just thinking outloud......
Gerry