[CAUT] Artist Bench

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Oct 13 09:41:17 MDT 2009

On Oct 13, 2009, at 9:22 AM, Richard Adkins wrote:

> I got the Italian bench online from a NYC shop.
>
> http://www.bondypiano.com/bench_810.htm
>
> It was $495 + shipping.

The Italian bench reminds me of one designed by the father of a piano
student here - and I assume he never managed to do anything with it
since it has been several years now. This one is adjustable manually,
via the "plungers" (spring loaded) on the sides, which have a pin that
inserts into one of the holes in the legs. It actually works quite
fast and efficiently for adjustment, just pull out and raise or lower,
then let go as the pins go into their holes. The range is enormous
(can be made lower by adding more holes, or higher using a longer
"leg"). He just fabricated it from stock aluminum.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico
fssturm at unm.edu