[CAUT] Fw: liszt

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu Oct 22 15:28:33 MDT 2009

Hey Ed,

Steve was/is my teacher/mentor and is a good friend!  Everything in the
Under the Lid book is what he taught me.  The "forearm smash" came later
after "graduating" in 93, but saw that in KC a few years ago.  It really
works!  Really gets the soundboard active and you'll be amazed what shows
up...even when you think it's ready to go!  It's also fun to do it when
other people are around....especially when yak yak yaking away or making
un-needed noise while tuning!!

Paul

Also:  Isn't it interesting that in a home, the people are trying to be
quiet, but keep walking by you and the piano while you're trying to
tune.....never heard of Doppler, I guess!