[CAUT] pin drop

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Thu Oct 29 11:15:23 MDT 2009

Hi, Dale

>The biggest problem Elizabeth and I have seen, starting relatively young,
>was the older techs in our areas that were tuning just for "gas and
>groceries" as one told me. I'm 59 and I'm determined that whoever follows me
>won't have the same problem. Jimmy Gold taught me to leave a piano better
>than I found it so I'm applying that to the trade in my area.

<grin> Yes, I hope also to be a very hard act to follow! But not by
working for pennies.

I'm relieved to hear from Debbie and Anne that the young people are
there. Maybe it is just a local phenomenon, that all the tuners around
here seem to be the same age. We don't have any very old people here
either.

I believe I also heard that Steve Brady has some people up in Seattle
in training.

Susan