[CAUT] plate strut crack

reggaepass at aol.com reggaepass at aol.com
Thu Apr 1 20:09:21 MDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurence Libin <lelibin at optonline.net>
To: caut at ptg.org
Sent: Thu, Apr 1, 2010 9:26 am
Subject: Re: [CAUT] plate strut crack

If it hasn't gotten worse and doesn't affect stability, don't mess with it!

My inclination, too.

The long-term result of a fix would be unpredictable, especially if the cause of the crack isn't known.

The cause is unknown.  The crack was there when we got the piano five years ago.  Thanks for your input.

Laurence

Alan