[CAUT] using as ETD

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 15:48:12 MDT 2010

Which is precisely why the A0 - C88 method of tuning with an ETD should be
avoided and some level of aural checks should be employed throughout if
accuracy is the goal (which, in all fairness, it sometimes isn't).  There
are always outlier sections, the bass/tenor being the worst and the point of
that transition tends to vary from piano to piano.  Also, the bass itself on
SAT machines, for example, is not actually measured.  Nevertheless, I
continue to use an ETD and hybrid method of tuning and find it beneficial
for some of the reasons previously stated.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com