[CAUT] Spurlock tool variations

Keith Roberts keithspiano at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 22:19:17 MST 2010

You can't achieve the speed of the tooth for the same rpm without the 12
inch blade. The cut is so smooth and flat as to be finish looking and nosee
line gluable. The extra clearance is nice. Otherwise it is overkill for
hammers. You could use a smaller saw and probably get a decent cut. You
might have guard cleance issues  and have to modify the jig slightly. One
with a really good laser guide would be nice. The Dewalt one got bad
reviews.

I have a fixer upper house and a shop to build. It's not just for hammers. I
am tired of stooping with the skilsaw to cut my framing stuff too. This will
cut a good sized beam or do a compound miter for large crown moulding.

KR