[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Jan 2 11:37:43 MST 2010

Perhaps we should clarify just who exactly we mean by the "music
administration" but I don't think photocopy maintenance is a particularly
good analogy.  The music administration clearly has much more invested in
the care and maintenance of pianos than of photocopy machines.  Plus it
seems like you're suggesting that we should be answerable to a service
agency even further removed from the music departments in terms of assessing
their particular needs, feedback, priorities and, budget decisions which
invariably need to be made.  Ultimately we are "answerable" to those who use
our services and I would prefer a general dialogue which, I think, leads to
better decision making than simply trying to stake out one's territory.  But
your situation might be different.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com