[CAUT] Piano juries on concert instruments

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Tue Jan 5 12:29:25 MST 2010

On Jan 5, 2010, at 10:42 AM, Jeff Tanner wrote:

> Now, what I did changed the job into an IDEAL situation.  Not a "who
> doesn't wish things were better" situation.  Ya'll can say what you
> want about how good attitude and repoire with faculty and students
> make up for the shortfalls. But you CAN make it better. And it
> starts with having the guts to rock the boat and stand up for
> ourselves. And I think we owe it to the next generation of techs to
> do so.

	Hey, Jeff, bully for you! I think you are spot on in saying that the
only way to achieve change is to, well, advocate for change.
	OTOH, in most of your bandwidth on this topic, I get the impression
of someone who was married a couple times, had bad experiences that
ended in divorce, spends the rest of his life railing against marriage
and the opposite sex, and is convinced that anyone who is happily
married is deluded. Get over it!
Regards,
Fred Sturm
University of New Mexico