[CAUT] Recording a tuning

Allan Schumacker Allan.Schumacker at ncc.edu
Thu Jan 7 09:53:09 MST 2010

For  parallel  intervals such as octaves and fifths, as suggested by
Kent Swafford, consider  La Cathedrale Engloutie from Preludes, Book
I by Claude Debussy.  It also contains lots of  chords, and makes
extensive use of most of the keyboard. This composition, along with
its widely spaced parallel octaves and fifths will not only show off
your octave tuning, but temperament tuning and unison tuning as well.
Provided, of course, that this wonderful tuning is done on a
wonderful piano.

Allan N. Schumacker, RPT
Nassau Community College
Garden City, NY