[CAUT] Piano Mechanics class

Laurence Libin lelibin at optonline.net
Tue Jan 12 16:02:49 MST 2010

You're not kidding! My wife studied with Bilson, and he's made lots of converts among pianists who previously thought 18th-century pianos were 'primitive.'  A century ago, many critics said the same about harpsichords, clavichords, and baroque organs. We've come a long way since then but still have far to go in teaching folks to appreciate fine historical pianos, especially American ones. Too bad so few survive in good condition.

Laurence