[CAUT] web-based record keeping system??

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sat Jan 23 13:12:46 MST 2010

Got 'cha!  With either Access or many database packages you can have the data files on a server that is available to anyone on campus (who knows it's there) who has the database software on their computer.  I can even VPN to that server from home and since I have Access on my home computer also, I can access the records.  Check with your Information Technology people and I'm sure they can fix you up.  If you need to tighten down for security, you can password protect the data file.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu<mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>