[CAUT] misha dichter

Ed Foote a440a at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 20:56:30 MST 2010

We are having Misha Dichter performing solo next month.   Does anyone know whether he prefers NY Steinways or Hamburgs?   Also, any input on experiences with him would be appreciated...

My experience with him was that he is very particular about damper timing.  He wants that pedal to shut them all off at the same time!
  Extremely consistent let-off is the only way to avoid questions about itt, too. Fairly high checking will be good insurance.
  He is tolerant of uneveness in voicing if he has an action that he feels comfortable controlling.

Regards,
Ed Foote