[CAUT] Bergen Internation Festival

Richard Brekne ricb at pianostemmer.no
Thu Jun 10 17:10:41 MDT 2010

Thought I'd also post a link to the Norwegian Broadcasting site for all
Festspillene (Bergen International Festival) recorded concerts this
year. You'll have to figure out how to get your Nett Radio to work, deal
with a bit of Norwegian language and eventually find the pieces that
feature piano music... or just listen to everything (which is very cool
too), but its better recording then I can offer.

http://www.nrk.no/programmer/sider/festspillene_i_bergen/

Pick and choose :)  I did the Hadland / Frang piano and the instrument
used for the Ole Bull Galla, Eric did the others except for the closing
concert... which was a bit of a mix of us both.

Keep in mind Bergen is a little town of around 250.000 people. To put on
a festival of this size and quality... to have an orchestra of the
quality we have (the worlds oldest orchestra btw) is simply .... well
the word astounding seems to fit just perfect.

I suppose there is a reason musicians like Ole Bull, and Edvard Grieg
attached themselves to this place :)

I'll post links to each piano piece as the days go by for convenience
for those of you who have trouble dealing with the Norwegian link.

Cheers
RicB