[CAUT] Humidity control

Dennis Johnson johnsond at stolaf.edu
Tue May 4 10:12:47 MDT 2010

Hi-

I'm beginning to agree that at this point the dehumidifer only systems are
probably best for locations difficult to monitor, and considering just
unplugging humidifers to some of our systems for the summer.  I disagree
however that it's not appropriate to rely on faculty help to keep up with
the pianos in their own studios.  It isn't that big a  deal and clearly is
in their interest to do this.  I've never had a single faculty object to the
idea, but naturally a few aren't going to bother with it- for whatever
reasons.  I believe it's a reasonable connection to foster between
instrument and player.  Every case is different though.  There is a lot of
discussion here about teamwork and community, so I try and connect with
that.

The reservoir sounds like an interesting idea Roger.  Will the prototype be
at Vegas?

thanks,

Dennis Johnson