[CAUT] University of Idaho Piano Tech Vacancy

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Tue May 4 18:42:34 MDT 2010

They'll get what they're willing to pay for or someone who is looking for
lifestyle in the vicinity.  Or, if the person really does have those
qualifications and wants the job they can make an offer (higher hopefully).
Guidelines are just that.  It's nothing written in stone and possibly no one
who actually has all of those qualifications will apply.  Then again, these
are tough times and the benefits package is often worth another 25-30%.
Cost of living in the region is certainly lower than where I live.
Sometimes these types of contracts can be negotiated so that the person
hired is not necessarily doing all the work allowing them some outside time
for private customers.  I wouldn't take it but all things are negotiable and
the person considering it (if there is one) shouldn't be offended but rather
simply present their case for whatever terms are appropriate.  Budgets are
what they are sometimes.  What might be a concern is that it's only a 12
month contract and presumably whoever takes is will be relocating.  That
would worry me.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com