[CAUT] Dusty times ahead?

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Thu May 6 07:40:32 MDT 2010

Hi CAUT's!

Recently, our elevator bit the dust. Now we're going to be biting quite a
bit of dust as they begin today to jack-hammer out all the elevator stuff,
mechanics, and all and install all new stuff.

I'm concerned about concrete dust and piano finishes and bass strings
(Mostly).  Does anyone know about this potential reaction between bass
strings or finishes with this kind of dust? Has any of your music school
buildings suffered this fate?  Should I be running as fast as possible to
Lowe's to get plastic paint drop cloth for 110 instruments!?

Ear plugs at the ready....This will take about 6-8 weeks to complete, but
probably only about 2 weeks of demolition I imagine.

Best,

Paul