[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Thu May 6 17:10:10 MDT 2010

And the timbre change you want requires one string out of phase to "yank
down" some of the rising sound, as I understand it. It is a more level kind
of sound, isn't it?
If you had three tiny. independent mono-chord dampers on the tri-chords, it
might work...
Perhaps if you cut the trichord into two or three short sections, it would
damp more effectively. I like to do it this way because I prefer faster
damping. Since I don't set up for a 2 string shift. I don't know what it
would do.
Ed