[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com PAULREVENKOJONES at aol.com
Thu May 6 22:42:54 MDT 2010

This is, I believe, suggested by Kent Webb as the solution to the  problem,
and one which I've been using for the past couple of years since I
attended a class by him. One caveat: the left-side bevel of the hammer  works best
at a shallower rather than a sharper angle and in no case  extends to the
point of strike of the left string when the una corda pedal is  undepressed.
The only reason I say this is that I've seen several pianos with  this
treatment by otherwise well-trained technicians who simply didn't control  the
bevel well-enough; the voice of the left string was quite unintentionally
different, and not pleasantly.

Paul

In a message dated 5/6/2010 11:10:35 P.M. Central Daylight Time,