[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

hgreeley hgreeley at sonic.net
Fri May 7 00:00:32 MDT 2010

Hi,

I'm finding this thread very interesting, in part because I first came
across this technique not for use with damper issues, but rather
specifically for voicing.  The first two people who specifically asked
for this kind of thing were Ivan Moravec and Alfred Brendl; and it was a
long time ago.  There have been a number of other artists since who have
made similar requests (albeit not phrased as accurately from a technical
standpoint as these two.)  The point here is definitely not to be
name-dropping - rather, that this kind of technique has obviously been
around for quite a while and it appears to be a viable solution for at
least two niggling problems.  Most cool.

I do love this list.

Best.

Horace