[CAUT] Preaching to the choir; was University of Idaho Piano Tech Vacancy

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat May 8 15:27:21 MDT 2010

And what should the PTG do?  Strong arm universities into raising the pay
scale?  It's simple supply and demand.  There are always enough techs
interested in the university positions (for various reasons) that the
universities, being generally budget conscious, can find someone to fill the
slot.  The PTG has no control over the hiring practices of various
institutions and it's not their role nor is it within their power under any
conceivable circumstances that I can think of.  People who ask what the PTG
will do for them and don't join because it's not working to guarantee them a
certain wage miss the point, in my view.  How can the PTG possibly deliver
on financial reward for certification?  They don't set pay policy nor can
they.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com