[CAUT] Preaching to the choir; was University of Idaho Piano Tech Vacancy

rwest1 at unl.edu rwest1 at unl.edu
Mon May 10 06:21:34 MDT 2010

Has Scott or one of the CAUT Committee leaders talked to the PTG web
site redesign folks?  A banner and direct link on the PTG opening
page would give CAUT more visibility.  It would also be controversial.

In regard to "endorsements" I believe CAUT should just try to insist
that colleges hire RPT's.  This is not only good for the
universities, it is good for PTG and CAUT both.  Too often, it seems
to me, CAUT activities can be perceived as too self serving.
Supporting a professional credential is something universities
understand without having to buy into some hidden agenda.

Finally, just because we don't have a PTG endorsement doesn't mean we
can't act like we have one or are working toward one.  We have all
the scheduled activities at the convention.  We have all the thought
and work that has gone into endorsement planning  We should continue
to expand on that and work to expand our reach.  CAUT activities
should be a part of every regional seminar.  Unfortunately local CAUT
activities are too often poorly planned, poorly executed,  and poorly
attended.  CAUT technicians want more than a bull session where we
complain about low pay and low status.

Richard West