[CAUT] Insurance question

tnrwim at aol.com tnrwim at aol.com
Mon May 10 12:08:30 MDT 2010

I have been asked by one of the institutions I work for to provide worker's compensation insurance. I am a contract technician, sole proprieter with no employees. Apparently, I can purchase the insurance for about $700 a year , but would not be able to file a claim if I needed too. Do any of you in similar situations carry this insurance?

Regards,
Steve

Stephen Snyder

Steve

Are you sure they want workman's comp insurance. Check with the state employment office and ask if self employed people can even get it. Instead of workman's comp, the school is probably asking for liability insurance, which is different. That protects them in case you damage something, or injure someone while working on a piano, or just being on campus.

Willem Blees

I have been asked by one of the institutions I work for to provide worker's compensation insurance. I am a contract technician, sole proprieter with no employees. Apparently, I can purchase the insurance for about $700 a year , but would not be able to file a claim if I needed too. Do any of you in similar situations carry this insurance?

Regards,
Steve

Stephen Snyder
Registered Piano Technician