[CAUT] Preaching to the choir; was University of Idaho Piano Tech Vacancy

JIMRPT at aol.com JIMRPT at aol.com
Mon May 10 13:04:06 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/9/10 6:23:23 PM, Bdshull at aol.com writes:

> The CAUT Committee's focus on a CAUT Endorsement, with the 2008-9 board's
> strong encouragement and official support, was a first step in what still
> could be an effective marketing approach.

et al;
I have watched in some amazement at the things being said which are not
comlimentary toward PTG, at large, due to PTGs inaction in approving a CAUT
endorsement/certification.....makes one wonder what CAUT has done to help
themselves........

College and University Technicians Committee was charged at the end of
2008/2009 Council with the following:
A. Plan for CAUT techs at Convention and Institute. Submit plan to
Institute Director by August 15.
B. Continue developing a CAUT endorsement proposal and supporting
cirriculum for presentation to the Mid-Year Board.
C. Report on progress to PTG Council and quarterly to Board

A.......has not happened yet and is not due to happen before Aug 15.

B...... I don't know if this has happened or not.
    1. Was this done?
    2. If so may we see a copy of it?

C.....   I don't know if these Quarterly reports to the Board were made, do
you?
        1.   Were these reports made?
        2. If so may we see copies of them?

As I understand the CAUT endorsement proposal sent forth this year.........
it was substantially the same as last years and last years was deemed
inadequate by Council....if this is so...... isn't CAUT shooting itself in the
foot?
If CAUT is limping should they be blaming "PTG" at large for "not doing
enough" for CAUT?

Just some questions that others are too diplomaticc to ask. :-)
Jim Bryant (FL)
(former tech for 3 Universitys)