[CAUT] damper return noise/una corda

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Mon May 10 22:04:45 MDT 2010

On May 6, 2010, at 12:39 PM, Fred Sturm wrote:

>  Better yet, Steve is coming to Albuquerque Friday to give a one day
> seminar, so I'll make a point to ask him personally, see what he has
> to say.

	I asked Steve, and he told me he sets up Steinways (80% of what he
works on) so the hammers never miss a string. He doesn't like the
sound of two strings in the lower capo. He had a couple suggestions,
one of which is to replace the back trichords with flats in the area
just below the break for a few unisons (that being the worst offending
area). The other was softer felt, perhaps Yamaha.
Regards,
Fred Sturm
fssturm at unm.edu
http://www.createculture.org/profile/FredSturm