[CAUT] Steinway D Case Repair & Refinishing (Institutional)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Thu May 13 08:03:06 MDT 2010

What I call a 'stage finish' is this:

Spackle the crazing if it is deep, fine crazing is OK.
Deeper dents and scratches fill with Modelling Paste.
Lake One is a good material for certain applications.

For the finish, use a water based product. I use CrystaLac
which I get from McFeely's.  The satin black was too flat
so I mixed it 3:! with their gloss black. A nice semi-gloss/satin.

I have a piano in the shop now with this treatment, it looks fine
to many who have seen it, they didn't even know it was sprayed:
two coats is all that is needed. Sanding sealer may be needed on
some patching.
--

Regards,

Jon Page